Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall with the Family

Hi Everyone! This has so far been an absolutely beautiful fall. But I still can't wait until winter, snow, Christmas and all the other good things in the holiday season! Since I last posted we have gone camping in September by Lake Michigan and we had a blast! We used a camper, (I have never used one before), and went with several friends for 3-4 days, I think. There was volleyball, soccer, the beach, the lake, playgrounds, pavilions, and much more to do! Lucy was so good the whole time, well, she is good almost all the time anyway, and we all got some good healthy sun. (Not to mention that I was sunburned so badly that when you just placed your hand on my shoulders with my shirt on you could just feel heat coming out. It hurt a lot but it was actually kinda cool:) Then just this September we have been doing school, playing outside, visiting friends, cooking and baking and enjoying the wonderful weather. A week ago Isaac and I went with some friends to go see Senator Ted Cruz, one of the republican candidates running for president!!! I wrote a paper on the event, so if you want to read it I will have it at the end of this post. :) He is my favorite of them all. Audrey's 19th birthday just went by and we had a great time celebrating as a family together. We also went to an apple orchard with cousins and had an awesome time! We had doughnuts and cider (the best!!) and had lots of fun. I want this weather to stay so badly but also want snow so badly! Enjoy reading!



Camping!!!


Back at the campsite



Hanging out at the beach with Audrey



Little monkey friends









Eating ice cream at the local pizza place

Trying on Grandpa's googly glasses



Making dinner and trying to figure out how to use the grill:)

                                                                
                                                                                             
                                                                            
Hanging out at the Apple Orchard!



                                                                      
                                                                      Ted Cruz!






                                                              




                                                                                 Lucy Time!!!




So smiley!


Selfie time!!







This is something that doesn't really belong in a category but I wanted to show it to you guys. These are all the books that was on my headboard on my bed. I was in the middle of reading all of them (this also shows you what kind of a person I am) And, they were all double stacked. :-)

 Thank you all for reading! I hope to write one more post before Thanksgiving (it's coming up                                                                fast, folks!) but if not, happy rest of the fall!
                                                                                   Zuzu











Assignment on my experience seeing Ted Cruz in Kalamazoo at the WING stadium Monday morning and listening to him speak:


We sat down on the creaky folding chairs in the building where hockey players used to play. It was time, he was here, and we would see him. My brother, my friends and I were waiting, just waiting for Senator Ted Cruz to come out and speak, to tell his people of America of his ambitions and ideas and promises. I nearly waited an hour, through introductions and national anthems, then, the music started, the peopled cheered and shouted his name as he came through that doorway of the used building that held 800 souls who burned with the same desire to have life once again in America and switch things back to the right way so we could have our once-glorious freedom back. He spoke. He was there. He talked. He looked at us with the look that he truly cared about people lives and truly cared to for us to have jobs and cars and houses and dreams. Dreams to make us happy and full and live a life worth living. Ted Cruz speaks of the things he will do in the first day in office. The first five things: Rescind every illegal and unconstitutional action taken by Barack Obama, instruct the Department of Justice to open and investigation into these videos and prosecute Planned Parenthood for any criminal violations, Direct the DOJ and the IRS to put an end to the persecution of religious liberty, then intend to cancel the Iran deal and, finally, move the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. He just spoke it like he meant it, I think everyone trusted the move of his to become president. They know he is true. They know he is Real. The whole hour he spoke I couldn't take me eyes off of him, afraid it was dream and I would wake up, because I never want to forget that I was a part of this movement, I am a part of this movement. Afterward, as I got a picture with his wife and as I shook Ted Cruz's hand and introduced myself and got my picture, I wanted to talk and ask questions. Why are you doing this? What keeps you going? What, Why, Who? There is so many things I don't understand in this world, but Cruz is the person to instruct and interrupt and explain with the real sensitivity that all want, all around him. We took down signs and cleaned up with other volunteers and I was thinking, “I am in the same building with Ted Cruz, his wife, some of his friends. He is right over there and I am just doing everyday stuff. I can go over to him and talk. Who am I anyway? What is my part in this world? How can I know?” Well, how could I know? I think that is some of my many questions I will just leave, listen and try to find out as I grow older. We carried chairs over to the garage and stood and us 6 waved goodbye to Senator Ted Cruz, his wife, and a friend as they got in their car and drove away when is it was just us. Him and us. I still don't believe what happened today, what I did and what I had done. I had listened and believed and had new thoughts and a wonderful, amazing experience with, maybe, the future president of the United States of America.
Thank you,
Zuzu Cruzu (a.k.a Zuzu)





3 comments:

  1. I loved your paper about your experience seeing Ted Cruz. It was really good! I hope I get to see you soon, and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madeline! I miss you all so much too!
      ~Zuzu

      Delete
  2. Nice book stack! I love the googly glasses.

    ReplyDelete